Highly Talented Payroll Professional
A versatile payroll professional who has held progressively increasing responsibilities in setting up and running payroll departments for companies with up to 15,000 employees, multiple locations and varied working regulations. Analyzed existing payroll operations, upgraded software applications for increased productivity and reliability, recruited and trained staff, and developed state-of-the-art operating procedures.
Expertise includes outstanding skills in team building, report writing, procedure design, documentation, automation, systems coordination, multiple location management, contracts and regulation compliance. Adept in MS Office and MS operating systems.
ARAMARK Corporation, Uniform Services Division, Burbank, California 2003-Present
Payroll Operations Manager (2005-2006)
Payroll Projects Coordinator (2003-2005)
Managed payroll and human resources data processing operations for a $400 million business unit of a $10 billion managed services company with more than 150 locations in 42 states.
- Instrumental in the conversion/implementation, rollout, development and maintenance of two company-wide HR/payroll systems for 15,000 administration and union employees. The programs included TimeTrak time and attendance suite and an ADP suite of applications utilizing the Enterprise HRIS module.
- Developed and presented training programs including procedural documentation, events coordination and presentations for HR and payroll system users.
- Developed solutions for process flow, automatic interfacing between systems, management reporting, analysis and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Developed and implemented security administration systems for the HRIS and time and attendance suites, including user profiles and access structure design, documentation and auditing procedures; managing security administration for 1,000+ users across both systems.
- Managed time and attendance system upgrades and updates throughout the company. Performed implementation planning, fit analysis, configuration, testing, rollout and post implement support for time and attendance and HR/payroll systems.
- Designed a cross-functional ReportSmith library with 900+ reports and built-in security restrictions.
- Established company-wide standards and best practices, including developing and updating policies, procedures and workflows by using cross-functional, inter-departmental teams.
- Coordinated the development of a nationally standardized new hire package.
- Implemented and chaired a weekly best practices development conference call where all HR/payroll specialists participated, covering the latest information on system status and discussing policies and procedures.
- Created and implemented a performance metrics program, including standards of excellence, benchmarking and performance evaluations for field HR and payroll processors.
Long Term Care Group, Inc., El Segundo, California 1999-2003
Managed all aspects of the payroll department for a privately owned insurance company with facilities in seven states and 300 employees.
- Maximized productivity and efficiency of payroll operations by expanding the use of ADP/PCPW, an HR and payroll software application, from simple check processing to a functional database.
- Processed a bi-weekly payroll that included benefit accruals and deductions, leave processing, new hires and terminations, garnishments and personnel data changes.
- Developed an electronic time and attendance reporting system, eliminating the use of paper while increasing accuracy and efficiency. Subsequently, implemented ADP's eTime attendance and time system.
- Renegotiated ADP's charges, eliminating non-utilized services and excess fees as well as achieving a permanent 15% fee discount.
- Led the company's Employee Committee, developing programs to improve employee morale through concurrent entertainment events, charity programs and enhancement of employee/employer communications.
Survival Insurance, Inc., Glendale, California 1998-1999
Payroll Manager (1999)
Banking Officer (1998)
Managed the Payroll Department for a Southern California, 21-site, privately owned automobile insurance company with 500 employees.
- Processed a weekly payroll taking into account a turnover rate of more than 100%, including sales commissions calculations.
- Reorganized the Payroll Department, performed training in payroll operations, and created new more efficient forms and procedural documentation.
- Created a banking function that controlled positive pay transactions, reconciliations and escheat.
Zedlar Transcription Company, Burbank, California 1993-1998
Operations Manager (part- and full-time while attending college)
Managed operations for an entertainment industry transcription company with 55 clients. Processed transcription projects received from production companies. Performed scheduling, editing, packaging and transmission arrangements. Hired, evaluated, trained and supervised 150 transcribing contractors. Authored the company's employee handbook and procedural documentation.
Bookkeeper and Administrative Assistant for accounting and entertainment services companies.
Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business, Culver City Campus, California
Bachelor of Science, Business Management, Class of 2007
Los Angeles Community College, Los Angeles, California
Associate of Arts Degree, Media and Communications Program, Class of 2006
Glendale Community College, Glendale, California
General Education Program, 1990-1992
Certified Payroll Professional, American Payroll Association
|American Payroll Association
American Management Association
Finance Most Valuable Player, ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel Division, ARAMARK Corporation, 2004
Certificates of Merit, Long Term Care Group, 2000 and 2001