Customer Service & Technical Writing Professional
A versatile customer service and technical writing professional with 20 years of diversified experience in working for auctions and online retailing for the world's largest entertainment company and leading financial organizations. Processed customer orders, set up and managed help desks, wrote documentation, moderated chat rooms and provided customer service for diverse web sites.
Expertise includes outstanding verbal and written communications, interpersonal, technical support, training, documentation management and research skills.
The Walt Disney Company, Burbank, California 1997-2006
Customer Service Coordinator, DisneyAuctions.com, Disney Shopping Inc., Glendale, California (2002-2006)
Responded to customer e-mail questions for Disney Deals and Disney Auctions, concerning orders, tracking, delivery, replacements, refunds and general inquiries. Auctions and Deals generated $5 million in annual revenues.
- Set up the customer service function and processed 40-60 inquiries daily.
- Monitored inventory levels to ensure adequate stock was on hand to fill current orders.
- Interacted with vendors and artists concerning fulfillment and completion of orders.
- Assisted the technical team in the testing and installation of a new Auctions Internet marketplace, which replaced Disney's use of eBay.
Customer Care Representative, Walt Disney Internet Group, North Hollywood, California (1998-2001)
Responded to general inquiries about The Walt Disney Company, the Disney.com site and Disney trivia questions.
- Processed 40-80 inquiries daily.
- Assisted in the testing and successful implementation of a new e-mail system.
Community Moderator, Disney.com, North Hollywood, California (1997-1998)
Hired to support Disney's new initiatives, Disney's Blast and Family.com sites, with the launch chat rooms.
- Moderated the chat room for Family.com that was averaging 20 visitors at a time.
- Moderated the Blast auditorium chats featuring Disney characters and other celebrities. Prompted conversations as necessary to ensure lively exchanges.
- Performed daily quality testing on Disney.com, Disney's principal site, to ensure site functionality.
Bank of America, Pasadena, California 1987-1996
Senior Information Support Analyst, Help Desk, Trust Department (1994-1996)
Joined the new Trust Department Help Desk, which was created to assist in-house staff with technical issues regarding trades and account set-up.
- Provided technical support to 2,000 systems users, solving database and business transaction problems by providing research, timely corrections and an improved method for system access.
Documentation Coordinator/Technical Writer, Compliance Unit, Trust Department (1987-1994)
Produced policies and procedures manuals for all areas of the Trust Department. Worked independently, drawing on a year's training with the documentation team.
- Coordinated multiple documentation projects, including one involving 25 writers that produced a manual reflecting policies and procedures. This manual was created due to a major business reorganization.
- Participated in reviews of written documentation to ensure regulatory compliance, assisting the company to pass all internal and external audits with satisfactory or better ratings.
Republic Federal Savings, Altadena, California 1982-1987
Word Processing Specialist, Training Department
Hired to support the Training Department, consisting of a manager and three training specialists.
- Entered and edited all training documentation, including policies, procedures and classroom materials.
- Developed and taught a Business Writing Workshop that was presented to 50 employees.
Converse Consultants, Pasadena, California 1979-1982
Word Processing Operator (1981-1982)
Provided word processing support for a geotechnical engineering firm with a staff of 100 engineers and geologists nationwide.
- Entered geotechnical engineering documents and reports from drafts prepared by engineers and geologists.
Corporate Librarian/Secretary (1979-1981)
Set up the company's first library, ordering books and periodicals based on staff requests. Cataloged existing and new items. Used CalTech and UCLA libraries for research on special projects. Performed secretarial duties for the Chief Engineer and the Chief Geologist.
Library Technician at the Pasadena Public Library. Chat Moderator for the weekly Dodger Chats site on AOL.
Pasadena City College, Pasadena, California
Completed a two-year segment of the Library Technology program
Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Kana, Mozart, Interworld, Truition and the Internet
Employee of the Month, Bank of America