Executive Administrative Assistant
A highly experienced executive administrative assistant with 20 years of progressively increasing responsibilities in:
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California 2005-2008
Administrative Assistant IV for the Dean of the College of Business Administration
Greeted and made living arrangements as well as entertainment reservations for VIP visitors to the Dean’s office. Kept the Dean’s calendar, typed correspondence, composed and typed dictated e-mails, and scheduled events for a business college with 80 instructors and 1,200 students as part of a university with 1,500 faculty and 8,000 students.
- Organized 4,950 visitors to the College of Business Administration, with responsibility for reservations, scheduling, appointments and transportation.
- Coordinated the search for a new Dean of the College of Business Administration. This included following guidelines from the Provost, making travel and lodging reservations, scheduling interviews and arranging meals.
- Hired and supervised workstudy students who assisted with regular office duties.
- Worked with 750 students concerning assistance from the Dean’s office.
- Provided interim office assistance for the entire faculty and staff.
- Oversaw the complete renovation of the basement and second floor with a budget of $2 million.
- Arranged maintenance on the college’s Conrad N. Hilton classroom and offices building, including cleanup, repairs, security and new construction.
- Planned, coordinated and facilitated more than 500 events annually.
- Organized catering for 400 events with a total of 5,000 attendees.
- Oversaw a switchboard that received more than 4,700 calls per year.
- Advised faculty and staff on protocols, course content and academic resources.
- Arranged parking for 150 vehicles yearly for faculty, students and visitors.
Beaver, Menkes & Hass, Accountancy Corporation, Long Beach, California 2003-2005
Performed secretarial duties, including telephone, correspondence, bookkeeping, tax assembly, tax return reviews, and accounts receivable and payable; managed e-filing of tax returns for an accounting company with three CPAs and 800 clients.
- Received more than 1,200 calls annually and scheduled clients for tax return preparation.
- Assembled tax returns, reviewed them with clients and completed returns’ processing. Completed e-filings to the IRS.
- Re-organized office procedures.
- Managed the personal investments of individual clients, which included accounts receivable and payable.
- Prepared dictated correspondence from all CPAs and clients.
- Maintained office equipment and purchased supplies.
Lewis, Joffe & Company, LLC, Certified Public Accountants, Los Angeles, California 1999-2003
Managed the front office and receptionist for five CPAs, two bookkeepers and an office manager for a CPA firm with 800 clients.
- Performed bookkeeping for ten high-profile clients.
- Assisted a divorce litigation CPA with settlement agreements.
- Helped the firm’s controller and attorney with special projects.
- Assembled income, payroll and property returns.
- Prepared a large volume of letters and financial reports.
Western Overseas Corporation, Long Beach, California 1998-1999
Executive Secretary to the President
Acted as the right-hand to a busy president of a customs broker importing general merchandise worldwide with a staff of 75.
- Processed all e-mails and general correspondence.
- Paid the president’s personal invoices.
- Reviewed, updated and published large projects, including proposals for shipping companies.
- Generated a high volume of correspondence, reports, analyses and research for senior management.
- Maintained the president’s membership and participation in various public and private organizations.
- Prepared schedules and arranged meetings.
- Conducted the company’s bank reconciliation with the controller.
- Assisted in the Customs Clearance Department receipt of shipments.
- Organized the entire executive office files, databases and systems.
Ronald Stiles, Accountancy Corporation, Long Beach, California 1997-1998
Bookkeeper to Certified Public Accountants
Maintained client accounts receivable and payable, general ledger, payroll, and taxes for three tax accountants. Typed correspondence and financial reports. Answered phones and scheduled appointments. Assembled client tax returns. Reorganized office filing, databases and systems.
Charles Babcock, CPA, Long Beach, California 1990-1997
Bookkeeper to a Certified Public Accountant (part-time)
Provided bookkeeping services to more than 200 clients. Assembled returns. Typed correspondence, reports and financial data for a single-accountant office. Assisted a wealthy client with bookkeeping and payroll taxes on a weekly basis.
Served as the executive secretary for the president of a major steel company.
California State University, Long Beach, Long Beach, California
Bachelor of Arts, Education, Cum Laude
Other Skills: Shorthand, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), MAS 90, Peachtree, QuickBooks, purchasing, accounts receivable and payable, payroll, bookkeeping, training